Some interesting stuff for power users here. Lewa has released first ever custom ROM for Nokia X and APKgalaxy has successfully flashed the ROM and has also posted a step by step guide. Lewa is a company from China which has custom ROMs for Android devices which claim to make them smoother and with even more customizations. In case of Nokia X, it seems like bringing new icons and backgrounds along with other changes. As always do it at your own risk, and check the tutorial below for help.
– Root your Nokia X (How to root here)
– Download latest LeWa ROM for Nokia X here and copy to your phone or sdcard
1. Download and Install Flashify app from Playstore or here
2. Download LeWa recovery from Mediafire, copy to your Phone or SDcard.
3. Open Flashify, choose Recovery image -> choose a file (LeWa recovery) -> Click Yub! and Reboot into recovery
4. First you need to remove data, select Wipe
5. Paws to right to Wipe
6. Once the Wipe is complete, select Back
7. Click the Back arrow to return to previous page
8. Proceed to install the ROM, select Install
9. Select the ZIP file was copied to a memory card in step 1 above
10. Paws to right to make Flash
11. After the flash is complete click on the Home
12. Redo steps 4 to Wipe again
13. Select Reboot, Select System, The device will restart can take a while and you have succeeded!
How to install Google Apps for NOKIA X
Download Google Apps here and flash
same to flash the ROM. Then, use Framaroot to install SuperSU (In Framaroot, You will be able to see 2 options i.e Aragorn and Gandalf. Tap on the Gandalf Option.)