A new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 device with build number I9500XXUFNC1, the new update has been released Over the Air (OTA) for the international variant of Galaxy S 4 device model number GT-I9500.
The new update has been provided firstly for the S4 devices from India and it can be flashed on any unlocked Samsung S4 I9500 devices from there. Unfortunately, the firmware is being rolled out in phases over Samsung KIES or OTA, that’s means not all S4 users will receive the update in the same time.
Those who cannot wait or install the official update on their devices can still flash the same manually by using a step by step guide where are explained all steps. During this post we will teach you how you can install the latest Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNC1 firmware without installing custom recovery software on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device.
The new update is called Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNC1 and is provided for Model name Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500). The update build date is 05 Mar 2014 has been released in India firstly.
– First thing that you need to know when you want to install the Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNC1 on your device is that, we can provide you only the steps by step tutorial for instructional and educational purpose but the full responsibility for what you do with your device is you. Android Source team cannot be held liable or responsible for any data lost or damage during or after the installation process.
– Secondly, you need to install suitable USB Drivers for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on the PC.
– Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the smartphone from Settings >> Developer Options.
– Now, backup your important data stored into device’s internal memory for prevent the data lost during the firmware installation process.
– The smartphone need to be factory unlocked, not locked to any specific carrier.
– Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy S4 device’s battery has more than 85 percent power left.
– This latest Android 4.4.2 (I9500XXUFNC1) update is provided and compatible with Samsung Galaxy S 4 device model number (GT-I9500) only. By knowing that do not use the same on any incorrect variants or models, you can easily brick them.
– Verify the model number of the Samsung Galaxy S4 device from the next path Settings>About Phone.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 device with Official Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNC1 KitKat Update.
– Firstly, download Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNC1 KitKat official update from here (or here) and save it in your PC and extract the downloaded firmware file to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other few optional files.
– Secondly, download Odin 3.09 from here save it in your PC and extract the same to obtain the Odin3 v3.09.exe together with some few files.
– Now, power off the Samsung Galaxy S4 device.
– Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and keeping holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons in the same time until an Android Robot icon with a warning triangle will be displayed, when these has been displayed keep tapping on the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
– Open Odin application on your PC as an Administrator.
– Next, by using the USB cable in Download Mode connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to PC.
– Now, wait for Odin detects the S4 device and the “Added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM box will turn light with the COM port number. Note: If the Added message fails to be displayed, then try to re-install the USB drivers once again on the PC.
– In Odin application click on the AP button and from there select the extracted file that contain .tar.md5 extension. (I9500XXDLJ5_I9500ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5).
– Important: Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F,Reset Time options are selected and the Re-Partition option is checked only if you’ll use a .pit file in the previous step.
– Now, verify once again the above steps and click on the Start button in ODIN to start the installation process. After the firmware file is successfully installed, the PASS message with green background will by displayed in the top of ODIN application.
– Samsung Galaxy S4 device will get an automatically reboot and the Home screen will appear.
– Now you can safe to remove the USB cable from PC.
– Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 device is now updated with official I9500XXUFNC1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
– Verify the OS version from Settings >> About Phone.
If the device is stuck on the first boot animation screen then you need to boot into recovery mode menu by pressing and keep holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons in the same time.
From the Recovery Mode you need to do a Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.
After the Wipe Cache Partition is done select Reboot System Now option.
Note that the Wipe action will erase all data from device’s internal memory but not data from external SD card.